Friday 11 August 2017



HIGH TIDE

I

I close my eyes
waves crash once more,
eroding the rocks
of my very core

II

They roll with power
to depths unknown,
The fear of what comes next
has drastically grown

III

Ploughing through pebbles
and seaweed alike,
What ever is coming
is about ready to strike



IV

An odd beam of sunshine
strobes down from above,
As if a sign from the universe
portraying it's love

V

Clouds overhead make
it hard to see,
Dimming my sight
muting my glee

VI

This pain is silent
these emotions scream,
This anger so clear
it could be a lucid dream

VII

For how long more will
this tide continue to rise,
It's timeless attitude
i've learnt to despise

VIII

For now I will sit
sit in this space,
and clutch onto hope
and it's saving grace


by Caitriona Mc Mahon


No comments:

Post a Comment